Cooling Tower Cleaning
Proudly Australian owned and manufactured.
Cooling Tower Cleaning
CTPro has extensive experience and training in cooling tower cleaning. Our cleaning system can improve flow, remove scale, and reduce the buildup of mould, mildew and bacteria. This reduces hiding places for legionella. Routine tower cleaning is a vital part to proper maintenance of any Cooling Tower system.
Cooling tower cleanings and disinfection services contribute towards energy-saving benefits and positive customer experiences through keeping heat transfer surfaces running at maximum efficiency. Operating a cleaner tower will drive maintenance personnel work ethic higher and contribute to a stronger community in the workplace. Operating cleaner, aesthetically pleasing equipment is always respected by top engineers and maintenance personnel worldwide that work on cooling tower systems.
Operators of cooling towers should schedule regular cleanings of tower basins, air intake fills, fill slats, and deck. Getting rid of any deposits, dirt, sand, debris, sludge and calcium in the process. Monthly cleaning is essential unless deposit formation requires more cleanings. Legionella Laws now require cleanings by a certified company. Two cleanings a year are the very minimum for staying complaint under current laws however four per year is the excepted standard. It is much easier and less costly to do a simple 3 monthly clean on a regular basis rather than carry out a massive drain down and sterilization of a badly fouled tower. Increasing system downtime in the process and risking damaging company assets.
CTMS cooling tower cleaning will ensure:
1. Your Cooling Tower assets are handled with care and handled properly
2. Your Cooling Tower is free from Disease growth and deadly disease carrying bacteria’s
3. A positive maintenance personnel workforce impact
4. A cleaner tower resulting in positive brand impact
5. Elimination of deposits that harbor bacteria
6. Elimination of bacteria growth sites
7. Prevention of under-deposit corrosion
8. Less chemical biocide usage ( Too much usage will reduce their effectiveness )
9. Prevention and protection against legionella disease spread / growth
10. Increase effectiveness of water treatment program
11. Decrease workloads and stress on chillers and other refrigeration systems onsite
12. Your cooling tower is protected during shut-down times, start-up times and during cleaning.
Cooling tower cleanings and disinfections are included in our Complete Legionella cooling water system package. Ask a service technician today about cooling tower cleaning scheduling and increase your cooling water system efficiency and reduce downtime.
In order to facilitate this, we provide services as part of our Cooling Tower Cleaning Program to ensure your tower is cleaned to standard on a regular basis:
- Routine cleaning and inspections in 3 monthly, 6 monthly or annually for water treatment providers.
- Service direct to the owner on ongoing basis for overall maintenance
- Highly recommend that consideration is given at least once a year to a thorough clean to where fill pack is removed and cleaned as well
Furthermore all our standard cleans include:
- Chemical disinfection
- Waterblast clean of exterior of tower
- Mechanical condition report with photo’s of issues and tower
- All reports and information is available direct to client via our cloud based system
- Training on how to use this system is provided
- Cleaning compliance to AS3666
- Confined space entry procedures and fully certified.
For further information or to request an inspection and a price please contact us on
Need a cooling tower cleaned?
CTMS cleans and changes gaskets for any plate heat exchanger
This includes a high-pressure water cleaning and brushed hand scrub if necessary to remove loose scaling and fouling. In the case of severe fouling or scaling, a high-pressure steam clean will follow.
For rigid scaling not dissolved in acidic or caustic solutions, powder-blasting is used along with high-pressure steam or water.
Plates are usually bathed in a proprietary series of chemicals depending on the heat exchanger application. A carefully selected process of altering chemicals, temperatures, and agitation assures the most effective cleansing process. The desired result can’t always be achieved by utilizing only one particular solution, sometimes hours in an agitated acid solution has to be followed by extended periods in a high temperature caustic solution.
CTMS can re gasket any plate heat exchanger
Each plate and component is logged to assure responsibility and show transparency throughout the maintenance process of your heat exchanger. Trained experts with years of experience with all heat exchanger brands and models inspect every piece of equipment prior completing any work on the unit.
cleaning begins with a powerful pressure wash (and brushed hand scrub if necessary) to remove product build-up and scale. Plates are then bathed in a series of non-abrasive chemicals, depending on plate material, to eliminate deposits and restore plate efficiency. To eradicate any stubborn glue, an acetone-based de-bonding agent is also used during the process.
Dye-testing sets the standard for locating cracks, pinholes, and failures prior to re-gasketing the plates. CTMS is capable of detecting even miniscule imperfections. Early discovery of plate defects eliminates cross-contamination concerns, saving costly down-town in the future.
Prepare Gasket Groove
Gasket groove preparation is imperative before applying new gaskets. Left-over glue residue can cause the new gaskets to not adhere properly and dramatically reduce the lifetime of the gaskets. Rolled grooves are the #1 cause for external leakage. If it’s not identified, the plate pack will not seal properly causing costly downtime. CTMS will be able to repress the plates in most cases to allow the plate back into operation, saving money and extending the life of the heat exchanger.
Using correct adhesive is crucial in maximizing longevity of the heat exchanger. Incorrect material or adhesives results in drastically reduced up-times. Each gasket is cleaned before installation. The gasket itself is then applied only by qualified professionals that have experience with all models of plate heat exchangers.
Every plate is carefully inspected for gasket straightness, solid bonding, excess adhesives, and deformations. If drawings or arrangements are supplied, the plate sequence will be returned to assembly order allowing for quick and easy installation. Plate packs sent along with frames are Water testing to simulate operating levels of the application. No plate will leave the facility without passing this final stage of quality control. If any plates immediately fail in operation*, new replacement plates will be provided at no additional charge.